Scheuer Mackin represents clients in every sector of the economy including manufacturing, retail sales, employee leasing and staffing, transportation, construction, banking, healthcare, public sector employment and professional sports. These clients range from small employers with less than 25 employees to Fortune 500 Companies with operations across Ohio and beyond.
Scheuer Mackin advises and represents employers in all aspects of their workers’ compensation and related interests including the defense of:
- Disputed claim issues before the Industrial Commission of Ohio
- Disputed claim issues in the Courts of Common Pleas, Courts of Appeal and Ohio Supreme Court
- Wrongful discharge, toxic tort and intentional tort claims
- Safety violation claims
- Complex occupational disease claims.
We also represent employers in the:
- Advancement of state-fund premium and self-insurance claims before the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation and in appellate litigation
- Development of loss control practices and policies
- Development and adoption of administrative and legislative reforms favorable to the interests of our clients.
Scheuer Mackin now provides defense and counsel on labor and employee-related matters such as:
- Reductions in force/workforce management
- Employee Fraud investigation
- Statutory Discrimination litigation
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) compliance and litigation
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) compliance and litigation
- Human Resources Policy development
- Wrongful discharge litigation
- EEO administrative investigations
- NLRB elections and charges
- Union avoidance and campaign issues
The key to Scheuer Mackin’s success in serving its clients is its approach to handling client issues. We seek to form an alliance with our clients, learn their business, and become important members of their team. Our approach is to work with our clients not just for them. Each matter is carefully examined. There is no such thing as “a typical case;” every situation is unique. At the same time, we remain mindful of our obligation to advance the overall objectives of our clients, and we remain flexible in providing services consistent with this obligation.
Scheuer Mackin assigns to each case a partner with at least 15 years of defense experience. The partner works closely with the client throughout the engagement, including any dispute resolution process, to ensure that the client’s objectives are being advanced in the most effective way.